CORE SERVICE BUREAU
Core Technology’s Service Bureau (CSB) is a subscription service that provides access to a variety of information sources, without requiring the agency to purchase their own server software. Public Safety agencies that do not have their own access to State of Michigan data may find it cost effective to connect to the Core Technology Service Bureau instead of connecting directly and as a backup for vital information.
The Core Service Bureau offers desktop, car or handheld access to the Michigan Law Enforcement Information System (LEIN) and Talon Incident Management System (TIMS) using Talon® clients. Talon clients offered include interface connection, access to driver’s license images (if available) through MIDIRS and agency Record Managements Systems that participate in the I-Services Gateway.
MORE ABOUT CSB
In addition to the traditional software license model, Core Technology provides a Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model via the Core Service Bureau. The Core Service Bureau is a subscription service that provides access to a variety of criminal justice applications and connectivity to a variety of information sources. The Core Service Bureau provides connectivity to state law enforcement systems such as LEIN in Michigan or hosts your TIMS RMS system.
Small agencies that do not have their own access to state systems may find it cost effective to connect to the Core Service Bureau instead of connecting directly or through another agency. An agency simply needs an internet connection to access the Core Service Bureau, eliminating the need and cost of server hardware and software.
Whether large or small, the Core Technology Service Bureau can help law enforcement personnel arm themselves with the information they need to protect and serve.
FEATURES & REQUIREMENTS
- Access available LEIN forms
- Save any personal configuration information, including Function key shortcut buttons, Appearance options, and Print settings (only available in Talon Desktop)
- Form options such as Message beep options, Ability to view own logs and Participate in Who’s Where Messaging with other on-line CSB end users.
- An Internet connection
- If clients will be connecting to the Internet via a firewall, confirm port 2030 is open for two-way TCP/IP traffic.
- A Windows 32-bit Operating System (2000/XP/2003)
- 256 MB memory or higher (Recommended: 512 MB or higher)
- 800×600 screen resolution
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Sun Microsystems Java Runtime Environment (JRE) v1.4.2 or higher containing Java Web Start. The JRE install can be downloaded from http://java.com.
- Applet Method: In addition to the JRE, a Java enabled browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required.
- Make sure all Windows user accounts on the client PCs have read, write and execute access to the c:\ctccore directory.
- Approval from CJIS Field Services to access LEIN via the Core Service Bureau
- Copy of Law Enforcement Agency letterhead (e.g. Police or Sheriff’s Department)
- Permission by authorized person for your agency’s ORI(s) to be configured on the CSB line
- Completed CSB Pre-Connection Checklist
- For individual user subscriptions only (not agency subscription)
- Copy of LEIN certification document for individual